These Terms and Conditions cover all policies related to any kind of product, service or membership purchased through this website. Membership is constituted when a Buyer or Buyer’s agent purchases one or more of the products/services/memberships made available on this website.
“Us & We” means Alberta Fish and Game Association.
“You” means Buyer or Buyer Agent.
“Buyer Agent” means someone who is transacting purchases on your behalf.
“This website” means www.afga.org.
“Memberships” include: Regular Memberships, Family Memberships, Youth Memberships, Upgrades and Guest Passes.
When referencing account holders, we are referring to the accounts created on the website containing detailed information about the Buyer resulting from the purchase transaction for one or more of the above products. Membership accounts also contain copies of purchase orders, profile pictures, printable membership cards and account credentials. These various items contain information that is an exact copy of the data provided by the Buyer or Buyer Agent acting on behalf of themselves or someone else they are buying for.
We will strive to ensure that the personal information it manages in the conduct of its website membership business is protected.
To protect personal information, and assure individuals of this protection, this policy establishes procedures enabling our organization to comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Scope (to whom does this apply)
This policy addresses the protection of personal information of current and former members including: individuals, clubs, club roster members, volunteers, customers, various program participants and other individuals whose personal information is collected on our website and other sites associated with the various membership service offerings.
Policy Details, Interpretation & Administration
We collect and use Customer Information and Member information including: name, address, telephone number, email address, profile picture, gender, associated club, family members living in same household, head of household, membership ID, membership expiration, type of membership, membership status and other information from time to time for the following purposes:
- recording and determining the various services provided to each individual member based on their membership type and data provided (e.g. do they range privileges);
- evaluating and re-evaluating the current and future goods, services, needs and service benefits to existing and potential members (e.g. offering hand-gun clinics to women between the ages of 30-40);
- assessing and meeting the preferences and needs of our members (e.g. how many members prefer archery over gun ranges);
- administration, billing, accounting and collection in relation to the goods and services provided to our members;
- protecting against fraud and error for our members;
- communicating with our members generally or to ensure member satisfaction;
- adding additional benefits/services to the sum of services already granted to current existing and potential members e.g. how many members would like habitat with a fishing pond);
- working with sub-contractors (or other agents, intermediaries, affiliates or third parties) during a contract or mandate for the performance of any of the purposes listed above or in providing additional services deemed necessary or beneficial to the existing members (e.g. AFGA, Insurance Companies, Mail Chimp, Mark’s, Outdoor Adventurists, Outdoor Canada West, Wildlife Awards, Conservation Parties, and others);
- recording and maintaining membership records, awards, volunteer roles and hours, guest passes used, executive positions, or maintaining any other information necessary for establishing or managing the member’s history for the purposes of beneficial rewards from our club;
This policy establishes procedures that reflect the principles in PIPEDA. In summary, the principles are:
- Accountability: Our club is responsible for our compliance with PIPEDA.
- Consent: We obtains individuals’ consent to collect, use and disclose personal information by requiring buyers and buyer agents to read and check that they agree to the Terms and Conditions provided at Check Out. These Terms and Conditions apply to all member types. Additionally, we provide methods for members to opt out of some program services that won’t affect their membership accounts (e.g. unsubscribing from various email communications, providing links to delete OutdoorAdventurists.com accounts, calling member admin to opt out of Magazine Subscriptions provided by AFGA, etc.). We also provide links to Third-Party Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy Policies where they deem necessary as well as suggestions as to how they can distribute access to these to any parties affected.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: We use, disclose and retain personal information in accordance with consent obtained from Terms and Conditions on Check Out. We retain records for a period of 99 years for the purposes of analytics. Our member data collection begins once this website is implemented.
- Accuracy: Our records are updated each time a member renews or throughout the year by formally requesting a change to their account via a club administrator.
- Safeguards: Our site uses SSL, PayPal secure Payment Gateway, Secure Hosting security/backup/recovery services, updated architectural platform components and strong admin password security recommendations to help protect member data.
- Individual Access: We make personal information reasonably accessible to individuals. Each member has his/her own account dashboard to access his/her information. Additionally, club administrators have access so that they can fulfill their responsibilities on behalf of the club’s commitments (e.g. submitting data to AFGA for insurance purchases, submitting that data to Outdoor Canada West for magazine subscriptions, submitting that data to OutdoorAdventurists.com for fund raising purposes, etc.).
- Challenging Compliance: We have adopted a system (documented below) to facilitate inquiries and complaints of individuals made in writing to us with respect to compliance.
Purpose Notification and Consent: When personal information is collected, buyers and buyer agents are aware that this information is being collected during the purchase process. Consent is obtained when they select “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” box on the final page at Check Out.
Designated Contact: The designated contact for written privacy concerns or complaints is our web administrator to whom a formal letter can be mailed to using the mailing address we have provided on our Contact page.